This will be a shorter email for me as well. Since this is the last Monday of the transfer, we will be doing Zone activities. We will either be doing frisbee, volleyball or wiffleball. We were going to hike Table Rock, a huge plateau thingy here in Central Point, but too many weren't in favor of it.
If you go to Sister Hall's FB you can find a picture of us together at the temple. Speaking of the temple....we will be going there for endowments either at the end of November or the beginning of December!! So, So excited!
The temple tour with our investigator went very well of course. Brother Gorze knew so much about it and was able to answer a lot of our investigator's questions. We will definitely be utilizing the temple more often.
One of our investigators (not the one that went on the temple tour) is going to get baptized on the 22nd!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, I got the box from Lynne. Let's just say it made me very happy. Two beautiful soft scarves, mac n cheese, my fave candy and a nice sweatshirt jacket. I will send them a letter this week or next since I don't know when this zone activity is going end.
|A puzzle that I completed recently|
Elder Neil L. Andersen
- Christ has told us to Be of good cheer for I have overcome the world.
- Virtues of FAITH, DILIGENCE, PATIENCE - Alma 32:41-43
41 But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.
42 And because of your diligence and you faith and your patience with the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by and by ye shall pluck the fruit thereof, which is most precious, which is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall ye thirst.
43 Then, my brethren, ye shall reap the rewards of your faith, and your diligence, and patience, and long-suffering, waiting for the tree to bring forth fruit unto you.
- We should speak more of the Savior and of His divine mission.
Sister Jean A. Stevens
- Little by little, love changes hearts
- Alma 37: 6-7 small and simple things
6 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me, but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
7 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by the very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.
- Never give up in keeping your covenants.
President Thomas S. Monson
|Notes from Pres Monson's talk at Stake Conference|
- Light is good and is always more powerful than darkness, and is truth conveyed through the Holy Spirit.
- The wonders and need of sunshine is only made sweeter by the ever present rain.
- Lehi's dream - started in darkness and only by prayer and faith (exercising faith) was he able to get to the light.
- The Brother of Jared, himself, came up with a way to dispel darkness. The Lord allows us to learn how to seek the light, to grow and to leave darkness and to step into the light by seeking Him and exercising faith.
- This light is within every child's reach.
- Even if we can't see the tree (light), we can hold onto the iron rod in the darkness and hold to the path and and come out in the end having endured.
The next pic is my continued study from this morning on bringing light into our lives (In the Book of Mormon - Helaman 5: 38-43).
We must work for the light to always be with us. Someone told me once that our testimonies are like light bulbs. There are only a couple watts for them to go out. Either we let them fade and die out because of forgetfulness and our inaction in using it; we take it out ourselves or flip the switch, meaning that we willingly abandon the things we know to be true and good preferring the darkness or we can be aware of our light and testimony and when we see that it is starting to flicker (doubts, trials, questions) we take action, go out and get a fresh bulb (studying, praying, exercising faith and enduring to the end) so that our light will never go out and our testimony is always increasing in strength. Take care of the light you have. Decide now to seek the light, choose to follow Christ's brightest example. Because, in all honesty, darkness never was happiness even if they have all the cookies and brownies in the world. It's just not worth it.
Got to go now. Bye! Love you!
Got to go now. Bye! Love you!